Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Where Are The Blacksmiths?


1 Samuel 13:19-22 - Now there was no blacksmith to be found throughout all the land of Israel, for the Philistines said, “Lest the Hebrews make swords or spears.” 20 But all the Israelites would go down to the Philistines to sharpen each man’s plowshare, his mattock, his ax, and his sickle; 21 and the charge for a sharpening was a pim[a] for the plowshares, the mattocks, the forks, and the axes, and to set the points of the goads. 22 So it came about, on the day of battle, that there was neither sword nor spear found in the hand of any of the people who were with Saul and Jonathan. But they were found with Saul and Jonathan his son.

Where are the blacksmiths? My people are growing dull, and for many years, they have sat down, weak, without a sharp point to do battle with my enemy. In return, people have looked to other things for sharpening, to the enemy, and a fixation with the supernatural that comes from the enemy. Witchcraft, sorcery, lies and idolatry have taken the place of the blacksmiths. My blacksmiths have only served to dull the weapons of my people, rather than to sharpen, and so my people are sharpening their weapons with the enemy. And they are paying a great price. Am I not powerful? Is my arm short? Have I not called my people to do the works my Son did, and greater? It is time for the blacksmiths to rise up and sharpen the blades of my people, and teach them to war once again. I will show my power, I will do things that will cause the mouths of the wise to stutter, and the lips of lying men to become dumb and mute. I will move, and the earth will see my glory once again. Let the watchmen declare that I am coming, with a sword in my own hands, and those whose blades are sharp will stand by my side, and together we will fight. Let those who know my Word declare it boldly, so that the kings, the leaders that I have set in place may not fight alone. If you know my promises, declare them, share them, call together my army, and I will teach your hands to war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment